The kids (one girl and the rest boys) were all enthusiastic and did very well, and so did Coach Brad. Everyone practiced throwing and catching, running bases, and of course, hitting the ball off the tee. I will say that the tee took a bit of abuse, but overall they did well.
I asked one of the other moms if it looked like Brad knew what he was doing, and she said it did. He spent the past week studying the league rules as well as a book we bought about how to coach tee ball. He wrote up a plan for today's practice and it ran very smoothly. A lot of the other dads helped out too, which was great.
Their first game is Thursday and the second is Saturday, so, weather permitting, we will be jumping right into the season.
Go Rangers!
I bet Ben loved having his Dad coach! I always remember when I was younger having my Dad coach knowing how busy they are. Have a wonderful Sunday!
ReplyDeleteGo Rangers! Keep us up-to-date on the season. Hopefully Sue will get to finally start soccer this coming week.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Grammy & Grandpa