Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Fort Worth

I live in Texas now, but looking around, I could be anywhere. Its just big neighborhoods, strip malls, office buildings, etc, as far as the eye can see.

So I was a bit anxious to go out and do something touristy.

Yesterday we took a drive over to Fort Worth. Its just under an hour from our house. Fort Worth seems to be the place to go (rather than Dallas) if its Texas culture you seek.

We went to the Stockyards area where they still do cattle drives 362 days a year. There are also lots of shops, restaurants and museums in this area. We watched the cattle drive and then had fun checking out all the cowboy stuff in the shops. Ben was anxious to buy a whole new outfit... maybe next time.





3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun day! Have you been to Austin yet? I hear that is a fun city with great food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara went to Micah's house and Max jumped up on her. Amy is starting Rainbows and we wish all of the fab 4 were there. We are all missing you.Puppy hugs, Piggy kisses, No catty kisses or hugs
    All my love, Tara

    ReplyDelete