Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tee Ball, Game 1

Ben had his first tee ball game tonight, and I missed it.

I had to take Susanna to soccer practice. It had been three weeks since her team last met (due to a two week rain break) and she wasn't too sure about going back. So I didn't feel like I could leave her, and I wouldn't have had much time at Ben's game even if I had.

So Coach Dad and Ben went off to tee ball together. Ben could hardly contain his excitement. He got dressed about three hours before the game. We brought snack for the first game, and he wanted to have Gatorade for the drink. Fun stuff for a first-time tee ball player!

It sounds like the game went very well. The coach for the other team was laid back and happy to do a bit of rule bending to make it more fun for the kids. A lot of the dads on Ben's team were ready and willing to help with coaching and Brad felt like things ran smoothly.

Score isn't kept for tee ball, but according to Brad, if they had been keeping score, our team would have won.

His next game is Saturday at 8:30 in the morning. I'm not a big fan of getting up in the morning, especially at the weekend, but I will be too excited to sleep!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun watching both soccer and t-ball. Wish we were there to cheer them on.
    Grammy & Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. for your English followers can we have pix of tee ball as we are not sure we get it. Please can Sus provide a full confession of bus antics for Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. dddshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhkkkkkkktkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkloyyyydcuuulkkkgklgaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllll lucy

    ReplyDelete
  4. to Susanna we (me, Amy and Katie) had a celebration for you today where we played games on the field called "doggies." I love you, love Tara xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah!! I'm glad they both did well. It's hard when scheduled the same time ....good think you are not the asst. coach! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete