Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I pledge allegiance...

to the flag...

of Texas???

A few days into the school year, Susanna said she likes her new school because she gets to start her day with coloring. She said they can't do any work until after they say their "promises" to the flags of both the United States and Texas.

Of course saying any pledge at all is new to her, but saying a pledge to a state flag is new to all of us.

This is the Texas flag pledge:

"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas,
one state under God, one and indivisible."

Maybe Texas will become it's own country yet...

2 comments:

  1. Too Funny those Texans are serious folks! I've never said a pledge to a State flag ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann it all sounds a bit pagan - worshipping a flag.You are in a very foreign country it seems! Helen Brougham

    ReplyDelete