Monday, September 14, 2009

Let it rain!

Last Thursday, Susanna's soccer practice was canceled at the last minute because it looked like it was about to pour. And it did. And it has hardly stopped since!

So we missed soccer practice and her first soccer game (just as well considering no practice), and have mostly been playing inside, except for a few short breaks.

When I went to collect Ben from pre-school today I wore my trusty English rain coat. (Honestly it didn't even occur to me to bring an umbrella...) I wasn't outside more than 60 seconds total running between the car and building, and my coat was soaked through. That never happened in England.

According to the forecast, there is a chance of thunderstorms the next two days, and then its supposed to get nice again. Hopefully soccer practice and the game will go on as planned.

Its great! And the best part is, it can pour and pour and pour and I don't have to worry about my basement getting flooded!

1 comment:

  1. Nice to look on the bright side Ann! Except spiders don;t like rain either so they come in too..just kidding!! Hope soccer goes well and they win big!

    ReplyDelete