The past two days have felt like a parade - so many people in and out bringing things and getting other things set up. We got our first shipment - the air shipment from England. It was mostly clothes and linens, and some dishes and odds and ends. It was the smallest (by far) of our three shipments, but already it feels like so much stuff in the house. Shelves are starting to fill up and don't even look in my closet. The next shipment (from PA) will have our washer and dryer, and then I can start getting things under control. Really.
We had to buy a refrigerator and a big TV for the media room - they were of equal priority (or so I was told) so we bought both and they have arrived. We got our TV, internet and phone set-up (love not waiting 3 weeks for internet!) and the alarm system is turned on. We also had an electrician (who is also a salesman) out to do one small job and then identify several other things that we could/should have done. Owning a house is certainly expensive!
All I really need now is a chair to sit on, and I'll be all set.
No comments:
Post a Comment