Thursday, August 20, 2009

Finally landed

Last night we arrived back in Texas, this time for good. Our three-week transition is finally coming to an end, and soon we will be back to living in one place. I think we are all very much looking forward to it.

Its been a busy month. Some highlights:
  • Both kids are signed up for school. Susanna got the last place in 1st grade at her school. We met the teacher and saw the classroom. Susanna's school starts bright and early Monday morning. Ben's school starts the following Monday.
  • Susanna is signed up to play soccer. Her team is called Pinkalicious, which she thinks is great. Ben is all ready to play a sport, but we're still working on that... We were a little late to the game and soccer and football are full for his age.
  • We got another shipment today - our things (including my car) from Pennsylvania. I really wish I could just throw it all in the basement, but I don't have one. Now we are just waiting for our sea shipment, which I believe is going through Customs in Houston at the moment.
  • We had a good week in PA and had a great time seeing so many friends and relatives. The kids had no trouble running off with their old friends. And I even got a little astronomy lesson and saw Jupiter and its 4 moons through a telescope.
I'm looking forward to getting all settled in and then checking out some Texas tourist attractions. There is plenty to see between Dallas and Fort Worth, and its almost time for the Texas State Fair. Yeehaw!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the USA! I know it's gonna be hard to adjust from the proper English you have learned to the Texas drawl. And the weather though hot and humid focus on the no rain part. And lets not forget about TARGET and the choices of food. I do think its an adjust from slower European life to fast pace USA but it has it's advantages. Hang in there. Glad you are blogging again. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you will be in a routine in a few weeks. The school schedule will help speed up the process. We hope to get to Texas as soon as we can to see your new house. Enjoy!
    Kent & Shirley

    ReplyDelete