Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Iced in

People kept saying that Texas gets ice, not snow.  We've had a good handful of snowstorms since we moved here, and even a white Christmas.

This week, however, we got ice.  It started very early Tuesday morning, pelting the windows for what seemed like hours.  School closings were announced by 6 a.m.

Schools were closed for today at about 4:00 yesterday afternoon, and by 6:00 tonight, they were closed for tomorrow.  So tomorrow will be our third ice day.

It is starting to melt a little bit, but temperatures are still below freezing.  I'm sure the condition of just the school parking lots necessitates closure.  We ventured out today to the new Wal-Mart in town and the roads, both in and out of our neighborhood, were still pretty bad.  Clearly Texas is not a state that knows how to deal with weather.

Its supposed to warm up again by the weekend - high of 57 on Sunday - almost spring!

PS - Happy Groundhog Day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow I have heard about the ice storms I guess they just aren't as prepared with the salt . Good luck I hope it warms up!

    ReplyDelete