Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The countdown is on...

Happy December everybody!

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone. We had a nice one. It was the first time we didn't have one of our moms (or aunts) prepare the meal we would eat. Between the two of us, we put together a nice feast. Brad was very pleased with how his turkey came out, and I most enjoyed the brussel sprouts. The kids' favorite (not counting the "cranberry" jelly) was the plain ol' green beans (no casserole here.)

The kids are back in school after a week off. Its only Tuesday but we are pretty much back in the routine - I even got Susanna on the bus this morning. After today there are 13 days of school left, then a nice long Christmas break.

Decorations are going up all around us, but we're still, uh, working on it. A lot of people pay others to put lights up on their houses - I'm pretty sure I've never heard of that service before I moved here. I guess you can pay for anything. We haven't taken that route, and it shows. Maybe we'll get a few lights outside in places that are easy to reach. I've also noticed lots of trees in front windows, but again, no tree here. With only three weekends left before the big day, I suppose its time to get to work...

2 comments:

  1. Came really fast this year! I'm excited we go home this year for 3 weeks that twice as long as last year. I'm looking forward to not being rushed and really enjoying myself.Post some Texas pictures of decoration. Do you miss snow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard of someone putting up lights as a business. hmmmm, perhaps I can get Ahren to start his own company.... haha!

    ReplyDelete