I decided to sign up the kids for ice skating lessons. We'd been thinking/talking about doing this for a while, but I was finally prompted to do it for two reasons: a) there is a brand new rink just a couple of miles from our house; and b) my friend signed up her boys, and I thought it would be fun to do an activity with them.
The first lesson was tonight. Susanna and Ben are in different classes, but the classes meet at the same time. (This was yet another motivating factor for me.) I made sure to leave early so we'd have extra time to get skates, etc., but still I wasn't quite prepared. When I signed up, the girl failed to mention that the little ones need helmets. Lucky for me my friend brought two, and her 6 year old was happy to lend his to Ben. I also forgot gloves, but there is a shop that sells them. (Yes Ben has pink ones. That was all they had.)
Ben & Sue,
ReplyDeleteGrammy & Grandpa used to both skate. I don't think we could stand up on those thin blades today. Too many knee operations for grandpa. You will have a great time learning to skate. We need pictures of mommy skating!
Grammy & Grandpa