Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I'm back!

Its been a while, I know.  A long while.  No excuses (what's the point?)

Lots has been going on since I last wrote.  Spring sports (much success with baseball and the official end of Susanna's soccer team), a long, very very hot summer (also a very dry summer, unlike some places; we are currently on water restriction, but that mainly just affects when we can run our sprinklers), and a good start to school and fall sports.

Ben is back at football with Coach Brad.  It is still flag this year (tackle starts next year) but much more hands on/aggressive than last year.  Coach Brad is all ready for a winning season; he has a really great group of 16 boys this year.  And again we have our own cheerleading squad, and the whole thing is just lots of fun.

Susanna has taken up swimming and she is very happy about it.  She has joined the local area swim team and has practice 4 days a week right after school.  No pressure to go to meets just yet, but having lots of opportunities to get in the water will be great for her.  Ben also joined a group that practices two days a week, but for him its just one more sport on his growing list.

We are already in our third week of school and so far, so good.  Both kids seem to have good teachers this year and I foresee much educational success.  Our school is now in its second year and on its second principal, and this year they are giving homework.  We are all adjusting to the new routine but I think its a good thing.

And we are expecting baby number 3 in October!  Everything seems to be going well for the little one (and me) and we are slowing preparing ourselves and our home for the new family member.  The kids are beyond excited to meet their new brother or sister.  We only have about 5 more weeks to wait and I know it will go fast.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! next time you come to PA you will have to visit. haven't seen you guys in a while. hope all is well.
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! How very exciting!! I thought you stopped blogging like I did - I just can't find the time. The girls have a two-hour delay today due to the massive flooding in PA so it's off to school soon. Allison and Emily both say "hi" and hope your two enjoy swim team as much as they do.
    -Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Best wishes on the arrival of baby #3. What an exciting time for your family.
    -Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I was just thinking about you the other day and here you are.....congrats!! I'm so excited for you baby #3! Wow you have been busy...I can see why you have been MIA!

    I hope the kids have a great season in football and swimming!

    Hope the heat calms down in Tx for you all.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What??? Wow, I had no idea! Congratulations. So glad you posted-have missed reading about the kids. Hope all is well and goes well the next few weeks. If you guys come to town for the holidays, give us a call-we would love to see you!

    ReplyDelete