Wednesday, November 10, 2010

How to cook a turkey

On Monday I went to Ben's school to help with his Kindergarten class.  My job for that day was to sit with one child at a time and ask them how to cook a turkey.  I had to write their responses on a sheet, with spaces for ingredients, directions, cooking time and temperature.

I got through six kids.  It was fun to hear what they came up with - I tried to prompt as little as possible.  Many of them listed chicken as an ingredient.  One girl wanted sparkles on hers.  For most, the first thing in the directions was cutting the turkey or putting it in a bowl.  One boy was adding shoes and trees to his turkey before cooking it.

Ben finally got to do his today with another mom.  I asked him to tell me what he said.  His ingredients were salt, pepper, and whipped cream.  Then I asked what his directions were.

"First, you shoot the turkey..."

That's my boy!

2 comments: