Today was the first day of school. Both kids were more than ready to go and couldn't wait to get there and get started. They saw the school and their teachers for the first time last Thursday. The school looks great and is just about ready to go.
Both of them already have two friends in their class. There are so many kindergarten-age boys in our neighborhood, so Ben is lucky that two are in his class. Susanna has two friends from her soccer team - all three of them were at different schools last year, so that was a happy coincidence.
Ben is so happy to be going to the same school as Susanna. I am sure there will be lots to talk about when they get home everyday. Susanna will really feel like the big kid with a brother in kindergarten.
I think we are off to a great start!
They look so cute and getting older....I hope they have a wonderful school year!
ReplyDelete