Friday, January 8, 2010

Freezing

Its freezing in Dallas this week. Apparently this is the first time its been so cold since 1997.

People are quite excited about it. The night before the first scheduled freeze, people were talking about covering their outside faucets. Having lived "up north" all my life, I have never even heard of this (nor has my friend from PA who has lived here for about 5 years now...) And there its freezing most of the winter. I got a bit worried about it and went to Home Depot and Lowes and asked the first person I saw if they had these faucet covers. Both stores were sold out. I looked them up on-line and it looks like its just a big, thick styrofoam cup that goes up against the wall of your house. At this point, we're just keeping our fingers crossed.

When we make it to the bus stop in the morning, we are the only ones who walk. Everyone else drives. In the afternoon, its usually the same - I am the only one not picking her up in the car. I make my child walk past 6 whole houses in the cold!

But other than walking to the bus stop once or twice a day, I prefer to stay indoors. Ben and his buddy wanted to go outside to play football yesterday, and I sent them out back even though they prefer the front. I watched from inside... They lasted about 2 minutes. And Ben never gets cold!

There is no snow in the forecast despite the freezing weather, which is too bad. But next week its supposed to get back up to the fifties, so at least we have that to look forward to.

1 comment:

  1. Ann Happy New Year! Just get back in the swing of things. Hope your holiday was great! Sorry about the cold snap...good thing you are from the north and own cold weather clothes. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete